As per Maharashtra Public Universities Act, 2016 (Mah. Act No. VI of 2017) clause 97, a College Development Committee (CDC) has been established at PCER, Chembur.
Elected and Nominated members shall have a term of five years from the date of election or nomination. If any vacancy occurs in the office of such member, the vacancy shall be filled within three months by the Principal and the member so appointed shall hold office for the residual term for which the earlier member shall have held the office if the vacancy had not occurred.
|Dr. K. M .Vasudevan Pillai||Chairperson of the Management|
|Dr. Daphne Pillai||Secretary of the Management|
|Dr. Reni Francis||i/c Principal|
|Dr. Asmita Huddhar||Member – Nominated by Principal|
|Dr. Sunita Jain||Member – Coordinator, IQAC|
|Dr. Mary George Varghese||Elected- Teacher’s Representative|
|Ms. Vani Achari Ummadisingu||Elected- Teacher’s Representative|
|Ms. Jaya Cherian||Elected- Teacher’s Representative|
|Smt. Saroja Veersingh||Elected- Non Teaching Representative|
|Dr. Sharada Sharma||Member|
|Dr. Swasti Dhar||Member (Alumni Representative)|
|Mr. Guarav Shinde||Member (Alumni Representative)|
|Ms. Sudha Priya||Secretary, College Students’ Council|
The College Development Committee meeting takes place twice every semester i.e. four times in a year.
The College Development Committee shall
- To seek ways and means to promote academic excellence and infrastructural development of the institution as per the norms and regulations of the University, NCTE and UGC.
- Prepare an overall comprehensive development plan of the college regarding academic, administrative and infrastructural growth, and enable college to foster excellence in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Decide about the overall teaching programmes or annual calendar of the college
- Recommend to the management about introducing new academic courses and the creation of additional teaching and administrative posts
- Take review of the self-financing courses in the college, if any, and make recommendations for their improvement
- Make specific recommendations to the management to foster academic collaborations to strengthen teaching and research
- Make specific recommendations regarding the improvement in teaching and suitable training programmes for the employees of the college
- Formulate proposals of new expenditure not provided for in the annual financial estimates (budget)
- Discuss the reports of the Internal Quality Assurance Committee and make suitable recommendations
- Recommend the administration about appropriate steps to be taken regarding the discipline, safety and security issues of the college or institution
- Prepare the annual report on the work done by committee for the year ending on the 30th June and submit the same to the management of such college