Yoga and Well Being Course has commenced from 1st October, 2016.
Yoga was initiated to equip students to lead a more balanced life. The course was conducted over a period of 6 months. The sessions were conducted every Saturday for 1 an hour by the Yoga instructor Ms Latha Panicker. In the following week, the practice was continued (Monday to Friday) for 15 minutes during the assembly. The course also included a week long session on meditation in collaboration with the Brahma Kumaris, who highlighted on RajYoga meditation and its benefit to personal life and wellbeing.
The sessions included:
- Theory on various form of yoga
- Yoga in relation to Health &Nutrition
- Pranayams and their implications
- Need and importance of Meditation
- Techniques of breathing and self awareness
- Benefits of Meditation
- Practice sessions
A teacher needs to acquire various skills to be efficient and effective in her profession. Behind every successful goal achievement is proper skill development. PCER organizes the Skill Development Programme to enhance the hidden skills among the student participants and hone their innate abilities.
The course began on 1st July, 2016 with the inaugural session conducted by Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai, Chairman and CEO, MES.
- To enhance the different skills through the Skill Development Programme.
- To augment the teacher’s awareness of the different skills in their profession.
- To acquaint the teacher’s with appropriate universal etiquettes.
- To develop teacher’s cognitive and non- academic skills.
The course comprises of the following areas:
- Language Skills
- Soft Skills
- Personality Development
- International Education
The various sessions conducted include:
- Common errors in English
- Debating Skills
- Writing Skills
- Reading and Listening Skills
- Social Graces
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation and Teamwork
- Self Management
- Self Introduction
- Public Speaking
- Introduction to different boards
- Learner Profile
- Teacher Competency
- Learner Strategies
- Classroom Dimensions