In order to redress individual as well as collective grievances of the B.Ed. College student teachers, a grievance redressal mechanism has been devised.
What is a Grievance?
A grievance may be any kind of discontent or dissatisfaction or negative perception, whether expressed or not, arising out of anything connected with collegethat a student teacher thinks, or even feels, is unfair, unjust or inequitable. Any grievance / complaint relating to sexual harassment and ragging will also be included.
The grievances can be categorised under the following heads:
- Any other
Please Note: While this platform allows all student teachers to voice their concerns in an open manner, it is imperative that the complainant exercises due diligence and care in deciding what he/she would qualify as a grievance that is serious enough to deserve the attention of this committee comprising of the Principal, faculty and student representatives.
Where is the Grievance box installed?
The grievance box is installed in the library. So student teachers can either write their name or put anonymous grievances in the box during Library hours.
Can the Grievance be sent via any form?
The appropriate grievance can also be sent by filling the below form: https://forms.gle/xTZ1jnizGjKd9kT5A
Composition of Grievance Redressal Cell
|Convener||Dr. Reni Francis|
|Teachers-in-charge||Dr. Sunita Jain
Dr. Mary George Varghese
|Counselor||Ms. Yvette Lee|
|Student Representatives||General Secretary
Deputy General Secretary
Objectives of Grievance Redressal Committee
- To provide a mechanism to address student-teachers grievances
- To take measures to solve the problems faced by student-teachers
Activities conducted by the Grievance Redressal Cell are
- Address the student-teachers grievances with teacher-educators in the Redressal Committee and the Principal
- Monthly check of the Suggestion box and conveying the suggestions / grievances to the grievance redressal committee
- Conduct Group as well as Personal Guidance / Counselling sessions
- Conduct regular Mentoring sessions
- Provide Personal Counselling sessions: Student teachers can reach ‘POSITIVE VIBES’ by mailing their concern at firstname.lastname@example.org for personal counselling session.
Process for addressing the Grievance:
- Measures taken to solve the issues faced by student teachers with a definite time frame of 14 days or earlier as per the gravity of the situation.
Upon receipt of complaint, the teacher educators of the Committee will intimate the Principal
- At this stage, based on the nature of the complaint and severity of its possible impact, the Principal will take action to proceed on addressing the concerns while keeping the ethos of the institution.